Saturday, April 23, 2011

GOALLLL!!!

My title lied, Nolan did not make any goals, but we did start soccer! We signed Nolan up for peewee soccer for 3's and 4's thinking it would be a good team sport and great to run around.
He had his first of six practices this past Tuesday, and it was honestly so funny to watch him. The first station was sprinting and doing grapevines. He did pretty good, not super fast but he was out there trying his best. The second station was just learning how to kick the soccer ball with the side of your foot instead of the toes, and then it started getting funny.

One minute I'm talking with a friend, the next minute I turn around to see Nolan sitting in the grass. I walk over there with some water and ask him what's going on. He replies,"I'm done, I'm tired." But we were only 10 minutes in to our 50 minute practice! I gave him some water, tried to pump him up with encouragement...when that didn't work I bribed him with a snocone. That worked, so we moved on to station 3 with a little better of an attitude. I don't blame him about being tired. He was so excited about soccer that he took no nap, really didn't eat much of a snack and it was pretty hot.


Before I go any further...to your right is the cutest picture EVER of Nolan's friend who plays soccer with him. They go to school together as well and have a blast there:)


We finished up with soccer and we thought Nolan would be down for the count for the night. We get in the car and he starts talking like a mad man of how fun soccer was and he wants to go play again RIGHT NOW! We reminded him that he was just at soccer and pooped out and wanted to go home after 15 minutes.



I guess his memory got a little foggy from all the heat. We stopped at the snocone place with his friend (boy in first picture) and they looked so cute in their little shinguards and soccer socks. I think the best part was that all he had were good memories of soccer practice. He doesn't remember how hot he was or how thirsty he was, but he is genuinly looking forward to Tuesday when he gets to go and play again. I will definitely remember to bring plenty of water and feed him a big snack before we go. Cross your fingers that he lasts for more than 15 minutes this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment