This is a super easy project, here's a step-by-step
1. Buy mason jars
2. Choose a cake. I went with a vanilla box cake, divided the batter in two and dyed the other half pink. Sticking with the Hello Kitty theme, I only used pink and white cake, but you could do more.
3. I used a small muffin tin (12) and sprayed with Pam. I filled the cupcake tins half way.
4. While letting your cupcakes cool, make an icing. I used butter cream icing and put in to a piping bag.
5. Now start layering! I did a white cupcake, a squirt of butter cream, a layer of sprinkles (repeat).
|Layer the cupcakes with icing|
|Add sprinkles to the top and you are done!|
|End product with labels on top, ribbon tied in a cute bow and fork attached for easy eating :)|
I ended up taping the forks on to the jars since the ribbon didn't hold them on tightly. I also found large sheets of blank sticker paper at a local office store and make my own "labels".
Two reasons why these were great:
1. I don't say this a lot, but my husband was right. It was a great ratio of icing to cake.
2. They are "On the Go" If your party runs short on time or kids start getting grumpy, give your guests this and see them on their way. I used them as party favors, and you can re-use the glass!