Friday, April 1, 2011

Easter and His Eggs of Many Colors




Now that it is April 1st, the countdown begins for Easter. Brightly colored eggs, baskets filled with fake grass, and my favorite...the candy!

Our big project around the house right now is to paint some of our white walls a beige color, but I wanted a quick project to cheer up the house and get in to the Easter spirit (and cheap is an added bonus as well). I saw in a Family Fun magazine idea of covering the eggs with tissue paper and watered down glue. The list began in my head: eggs:check, tissue paper: check, glue:no, but Mod Podge would do.


I got to work of very gently making two holes in either side of the eggs and blowing out the yoke. The only problem was that I can only do this project as the eggs are needed. I didn't want a whole bowl of 12 yokes sitting in my fridge, and I knew I wouldn't be able to separate two eggs to make cookies out of the bowl. So, this whole project might take a little bit longer than I thought....

I ended up doing one egg very multi-colored and decided it wasn't for me. Then I started to do eggs solid colored. I keep on trying to think of recipes with eggs in them. I'm on my third batch of cookies. A friend suggested that I make a quiche, which takes almost a dozen eggs, but cookies taste so much better than a quiche :)

This projected reminded of when I was little and my mom would blow out eggs and put faces on them. We would make little beds for them in those plastic strawberry baskets and treat them like babies, carry them around everywhere. I keep wondering if I'll do the same thing for Mallory in about 7 or 8 years.


Back to my eggs...as you can see from the picture I am placing the eggs in a glass vase to put on our dining table, and my vase is not very full! It's not even half way and I've already used 6 eggs. Seems to me that Greg might be buying me some more eggs at the end of the week to finish the project...as long as I'm done by Easter, I'll be happy!



1 comment:

  1. Patsy I didn't even know you were a blogger until I hijacked your blog from Rachel's. :) ...And I love the egg idea, by the way.

    ReplyDelete