Friday, April 22, 2011

The Big Cookie Project: Week 1



Ok, I admit it, I have already broken a rule on week 1. But rules were made to be broken, right? I made myself feel a little bit better about already breaking a rule by rationalizing that this recipe was a tad different from how I usually fix them. I told myself that I was NOT going to make a chocolate chip cookie, but after seeing a delicious recipe on the back of the Ghirardelli bag of chips, I succumbed and made them anyway. I think the thing that made these cookies were the kind of chips I got. I bought the Ghirardelli 60% Cacoa chocolate chips. They are very flat compared to regular chips, almost like melting chocolate chips.

Here's the recipe:


2 1/4 cups sifted flour


1 tsp baking soda


1/2 tsp salt

1 cup butter....I used 1 cup crisco. Gives it a better "cookie" shape and you can't taste the difference. I usually do this with all my cookies :)


3/4 cup sugar


3/4 cup brown sugar, packed


2 tsp vanilla extract...This is where I changed my recipe. I was out of vanilla extract and used almond extract. You can taste a slight difference, but not in a bad way



2 eggs

2 cups Ghirardelli chocolate chips


1 cup chopped pecans


Mix ingredients. I am not specific in what order to put things in. I usuallly do butter, sugar, then eggs. Then, I just throw in all my dry ingredients.


Bake at 375 degrees for 9-11 minutes.


They tasted pretty good and looked very lovely as well. Hope you like this recipe. 51 more to come!!

No comments:

Post a Comment