Thursday, March 17, 2011

Tis the Season to be Green

"Obsessively Green" would have been a good theme name for Mallory's birthday party. Since Mallory was born on St. Patrick's Day (March 17th) I decided in my mind a long time ago that her whole party should revolve around the color green. Once this snowball started rolling it went a little out of control. Not only did we have green cupcakes, cake and cookie; but all the food was green or had some green in it. For example, green veggie chips, vegetable tray with only green veggies, chicken salad with cut-up green grapes and celery, green M&M's...I think that's it.

I wish the madness would have stopped there, but it didn't. I could picture Mallory in a cute green dress for her party, but had none. I asked Greg's mom to make a "green themed" dressed and she nicely obliged. All of the grandparents wore green clothing, Greg and Nolan wore green, but I bypassed the green thinking it might be too much.

The morning of her party I thought there needed to be some party balloons, but had not gotten any yet. A mad dash to HEB before the party began. I picked out two mylar balloons and asked for a few other solid colors. Before I knew it, the woman was filling up yellow and pink! NO! It wasn't green, I was a second away from making her do it all again. Then, I caught myself thinking that maybe some sort of color other than green might be a good thing. I rushed home, the party commenced, and every one (I hope) liked all the green-ness of the day.
Here are some pictures of the big day:


3-leaf clover cookies with a green icing...they were pretty yummy, but fixed over 70. Sadly, 70 were not eaten and these cookies' fate will probably see the bottom of a trash can.














Birthday banner made out of 3-leaf clovers printed from the internet. I colored each clover a different shade of green...still hanging up, too lazy to take it down.


3-leaf clover cake made with cream cheese icing, yum! We ate mint-chocolate chip ice cream with it. And yes...I picked the ice cream because it was green.


Mallory's "1" cupcake :)

Mallory in her pretty green-themed dress eating her cupcake. Surprisingly, she was very dainty about it.

1 comment: