Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Spring is in the Air

After waiting patiently for winter to pass, spring has officially arrived as of March 20th.

I crave for Spring to come. I am not a Winter person, unless I am inside by a fire and hot cocoa in my hand. The whole "brown" look of everything puts me in the duldrums, and I always look forward to green coming back in the scenery. Winter always keeps me indoors, but Spring opens the door to activities outside. Walks, playground, kite flying have all been checked off the to-do list already.

I don't know what it is about Spring, but it always makes me motivated to do things. I have been motivated to clean out the house of things not being used...I guess that's why they call it "Spring Cleaning".

We have also been twiddling our thumbs waiting for warmer weather to plant our veggies. Now, they are completely done. We did tomatoes, squash, basil, and various peppers. Greg came home raving about a pesto, basil and tomato pizza. I was happy to inform Greg that we had all those ingredients in the backyard...in about a few months.

The great weather also seems to put love in the air. Instead of being bundled up with gloves and scarves, we can now take walks and hold hands. Of course, I'm usually holding hands with Nolan because he likes to wander, but atleast it's with a boy that I love. Don't Spring Flings happen right about now? Not that I am in that department anymore, but it's nice to see new couples at the park or church walking around enjoying each other.

I think the only bad thing about Spring means that the next season to come is Summer. No longer will we have cool mornings and windy afternoons in a few months, but we will start having heat waves and the scorching sun to deal with. I guess I should spend the next few months enjoying everything that Spring has to offer, instead of dreading the Texas Summer that is soon to come.

For right now I will water my grass as much as I want, as long as I want, because there are no water shortages yet...I will enjoy every bluebonnet on the side of the road and even take pictures in them (yes, they will be cheesy and involve Mallory and Nolan)...I will take long walks in the evening with my family without getting overheated and smelly...I will watch all the plants bloom those fantastic colors and not worry that these same plants will probably be brown by the end of Summer.

So, go ahead and eat some delicious Easter candy (I'll be eating my fair share of Robin's Eggs), and take a walk in the pretty weather, because Spring only comes once a year :)

No comments:

Post a Comment