Sunday, March 6, 2011

My teacher, Ms. Mallory

For the past year I've had the privilege to watch Mallory grow and learn. Since it is coming close to her first birthday, I'd like to reflect on the things that I've learned from her:

1. ALL milestones are big in mom and dad's eyes, so why set the bar too high, too fast?

2. Any food on the floor is fair game.

3. Any food on the floor is better than food from the pantry or fridge (including dog food)

4. If I cry long enough and hard enough, someone will come and hold me.

5. If I'm with dad, and I make any kind of unhappy sound, I will get anything my heart desires (Greg gave Mallory her first chocolate milk because she was sad)

6. Spoons are overrated, fingers in my babyfood work just fine.

7. If I crawl close enough and get in someone's face, they will give me a bite of what they are having...I took this tip from Mallory and tried it on Greg. I got really close and kept on looking down at his delicious sandwich. He eventually gave me a bite and a very "you are weird" look, but it worked!

8. Grooming (baths, hairbrushing, toothbrushing, dressing) done by others is so much easier than doing it yourself.

9. You are always better in your mother's arms after falling down.

10. If I scream in the presence of Nolan, mom will make Nolan give me one of his toys...sneaky sneaky

11. Mirrors are great because everytime I look in one, there is always that crazy baby looking back at me making funny faces.

You might be thinking that it's a little pathetic that I'm learning things from a less-than one year old, but some of these reminded me that they are still true to this day. Can't wait to see what I learn from her in year 2.
Have you learned anything from your kids? Please share!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday (in 2 days), Mallory!! We love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great list of valuable lessons! I love the idea of using baby trikcs on husbands to get some of their food!

    ReplyDelete