Monday, June 13, 2011

The Mario Bunch



It is done! I found myself a week and a half ago scrambling to finish these. I had promised Nolan a set of Mario peoples for his birthday, which was great, but then I actually had to do it. 10 days ago I was short Luigi and Goomba, but buckled down and crocheted like a mad woman on a mission (which I was). The hardest decision I had to make was deciding what glue I was supposed to use on the felt eyes. Have you seen the glue section at Michael's?? Well, if you haven't, there is a whole aisle dedicated to the sticky concoction. I ended up getting Gorilla Glue and second-guessed myself that maybe that was a little too hard-core and decided to go with just plain Elmer's. Everything went great until Greg picked off the white glint in Luigi's eyeball. I told him not to touch it, but then next thing you know the piece of felt was stuck to the end of his finger. Easy fix though.

I was wondering if Nolan would actually like his Mario dolls, and the best thing happened, he did! He opened up his present and did that cute squeal that kids do and hugged Mario. He even took Mario to Nana's house for the weekend. That moment made my day.

My other crochet projects are coming along nicely as well. I have been making a little stockpile for a craft show in July. Carrie got me the best present, an amigurumi crochet book, so I've jumped in to that and made the cutest lion last night. If my stuffed little creatures do not sell at the craft show I will hopefully open up an etsy account. I never thought I would get to the point of selling my stuff, but I think it's finally coming. I am super excited to start getting them out of my closet, but sad to admit that I have grown a little attached to the little guys.

So, keep an eye out for these crocheted animals.

PS...I did not come up with the patterns for the Mario bunch, but if you want the FREE patterns, just email me and I will get you the link. Very easy patterns, just a lot of body parts :)

No comments:

Post a Comment