Friday, June 10, 2011

The Big Cookie Project: Week 8




Almost 1/6th of the way there! I guess when I put it that way I have a ton more cookies to fix. This week is one of my fave cookie recipes and the easiest EVER! I know I said at the beginning that I wouldn't fix any cookies that I had ever fixed before, but short of actually just buying them at the store, these were the quickest and easiest I could think of.


Peanut Butter Cookies


Ingredients:

1 cup sugar

1 cup peanut butter

1 egg

Directions:

Combine ingredients. Roll into balls, and then press down with a fork making an "X" pattern. Cover fork in sugar prior to pressing cookie, it helps it to not stick. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes.

That's it!


I've been making these cookies since middle school/high school and always enjoyed doing them. My mom owned (and probably still does) these clay stamps that were made to press in to cookies. I don't know if they were specifically made for peanut butter cookies, but that's what we did with them. There was a star pattern and even an X pattern that looks like the fork pattern. I would love using them all to personalize the cookies. I don't know if you know what I'm trying to put in to words, but if you've ever seen these cookie stamps, you know what I'm talking about. Since these stamps are at my mom's, I will have to continue to use a fork (which still makes a pretty pattern). Another good thing about these cookies is that it doesn't fix 3 dozen...well I guess it could if you made the cookies small enough. It makes 12-18 cookies for me, which is the perfect amount to fulfill a sweet tooth for a family of 4 for a few days.


Anyways, happy baking!


PS...if you haven't tried any of the other cookies yet, I suggest this one. Super easy, super fast, practically fool-proof.

No comments:

Post a Comment