Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Fireman Sam: Hero Next Door



In our house, we have a new hero and I quite enjoy this one. It is "Fireman Sam" who is very capable of putting out fires and doing a lot of other great things to save the townspeople. This veers off very greatly to the heroes that Nolan has loved, such as Buzz Lightyear or Woody. He has even started liking Spiderman (because of some hand-me-down pj's he got) and has never seen the show. Fireman Sam does not have super strength, but he is very sensible and reliable, which I love! And Fireman Sam keeps on saving the same unlucky people over and over again every episode. I might just give up on the town if they kept on setting fire to things every day (just kidding, I know it's only a cartoon). The townspeople seem to call 911 in the drop of a hat whenever ANYTHING happens, no matter how big or small...so my question is, have you ever called 911??



I haven't (knock on wood). For this reason, I always have the weirdest dream on this subject, and there are a few scenarios:



1. I call 911 because there is an intruder in the house, and they put me on hold and never come back on the line. But the intruder keeps on getting closer and I get more frantic until I wake up.



2. I call 911, because yet again of an intruder, they answer this time and take my address but they never come!! I think in real-life it should only take a few minutes (they are only down the street) but I wait and wait while I hide in a closet in my dream hoping to not be found.



3. I call 911, but can't speak. No words come out, I can't even scream. I always think that if someone does ever break in, I could just scream REALLY loud and a neighbor would come check on us. But in my dream they never hear me, because nothing will come out of my mouth.



I know this sounds so paranoid, and these dreams only come up when Greg is out of town for a few nights (like the past couple of days). One of these days I will have to eventually call 911, I hope none of the above happen.



While I'm hoping, if I ever have to call, maybe a Fireman Sam look-alike will come to my rescue :)

No comments:

Post a Comment