Tuesday, March 27, 2012

The Big Cookie Project: Week 48

4 more weeks left! Greg says I should finish strong with cookies (like my Cookie Project first started off as) instead of just desserts. I like his idea, just don't know yet if I can follow through with it.
Today was Nolan's teachers last day of school. She is starting maternity leave and wanted to have a little going-away party. I wanted to make something for the party, but waited until late last night to actually do it. We spent all yesterday in Austin and by the time we got home my eyelids were very heavy. Greg ran to the store to buy me some key ingredients, and I quickly shoved them in the oven. I started the timer at 10:00 pm and they should have been done at 10:25. I guess I fell asleep, because at 10:45, Greg woke me up saying, "Is something in the oven burning?" Thankfully, they were not ruined, they are a little browner than they should be, and a little tougher as well. I really don't think any of the 4 year-olds noticed.
M&M COOKIE BARS
Ingredients:
1 cup shortening
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 1/4 cups flour
2 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 1/2 cups M&Ms
Directions:
1. Cream together shortening, sugars and eggs.
2. Add flour, vanilla, baking soda and salt.
3. Mix in 2/3 cup M&Ms, leave the rest to sprinkle on top.
4. Spread in greased 9x13 pan, and sprinkle remaining M&Ms on top.
5. Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 or until brown on top.
6. Let cool, and cut in to bars.
Since I made mine pretty crispy (not really my fave) I hav a lot of hard edges to eat, but of course I never throw away a good cookie :)
Happy Baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment