Monday, April 2, 2012

The Big Cookie Project: Week 49

This week my dessert is perfect for Easter. I always think food is so cute when it looks like a real object/other food and then tastes like something else. For example, one year Carrie made a cake that looked like a burger. I thought it was so funny, but I am easily amused. So, I rolled with this and made desserts that looked like birds' nests. They look fun, don't they? And it was a great recipe for Nolan to help me with: he was the egg-placement guy.

EGGS' NESTS
INGREDIENTS:
1/2 cup peanut butter
6 oz. bag of butterscotch chips
3 oz. can of chow mien noodles

DIRECTIONS:
1. Mix peanut butter and butterscotch chips and microwave on High for 30 second intervals until peanut butter and chips are melted and combined completely.
2. Stir in chow mien noodles
3. Drop by spoonful on wax paper. Place 2-3 robin's eggs on top. Chill in refrigerator

This recipe is one of Greg's favorites and he likes them frozen, but they don't have to be. For me, this recipe made about 12 large bird's nests. Definitely enough to feed enough people on Easter. I took them to an Easter Egg Hunt, and all got eaten up....I might have to make some more before Sunday :)

Happy Baking and

HAPPY EASTER!

No comments:

Post a Comment