Monday, March 5, 2012

The Big Cookie Project: Week 45

Best combination yet of salty, sweet and peanut buttery. You must have noticed that I liked this combination by now! I found a picture of these on Pinterest and decided to make them. They were really quick and you don't even have to bake anything! From what I saw on the internet they are popular in the midwest and called "Buckeyes". I found the recipe on a website (really easy to remember), but forgot to save the link, so I don't have the original link, sorry!
PRETZEL PEANUT BUTTER SANDWICHES
Ingredients:
1 cup peanut butter
3/4 cup powdered sugar
bag of pretzels
1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips

DIRECTIONS:
1. Combine peanut butter and powdered sugar. You might have to increase/decrease amount of powdered sugar. You want the peanut butter to be able to roll in to balls without leaving a sticky mess on your hands.
2. Roll peanut butter mixture in to small balls, sandwich in between two pretzels and press lightly.
3. Melt chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl. Dip half of the peanut butter sandwiches in to the chocolate, and place on wax paper to cool and harden.
Done!Here are my pretzel sandwiches pre-chocolateHere are the sandwiches post-chocolate already hardening on the wax paper. They were a little soft for my liking right off of the wax paper, so I lined a tupperware with some wax paper and put them in the fridge to harden up a little more...much better.


Mallory was my little helper. She's got the crazed "I'm eating CHOCOLATE!!!!" look in her eyes. I think she got the look from me.


Happy Baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment