Tuesday, March 20, 2012

The Big Cookie Project: Week 47

Somebody seriously needs to come help me get off this "chocolate and peanut butter" kick. It's the umpteenth recipe that contains my two favorite things. I'm actually surprised at how many recipes I've found to contain so much chocolate and peanut butter. And the best thing about this recipe this week? NO BAKE!
I've been eyeing this recipe for some time, and finally got around to making it. For me, it's a little rich, so it doesn't take a lot to fill me up. But like always, these will disappear :)
NO-BAKE PEANUT BUTTER BARS
INGREDIENTS:
1 cup butter, melted
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1 cup and 4 Tbsp. peanut butter
2 cups powdered sugar
1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
DIRECTIONS:
Combine melted butter, graham cracker crumbs, powdered sugar and 1 cup peanut butter in a mixer. Press this mixture in to an 8x8 pan. Then, in a microwave-safe bowl combine the 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolates and 4Tbsp. of peanut butter. Microwave for 30 seconds, and mix. Continue until chocolate chips are melted and mixture is creamy. Pour chocolate on top of peanut butter mixture. Smooth over evenly. Place in fridge for 1 hour until hardened.
I wouldn't call this sweet and salty combination my addiction, but it is very addicting.
Happy Baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment