Monday, March 12, 2012

The Big Cookie Project: Week 46

I'm the kind of girl (or baker) who likes to add chocolate chips to everything. Something missing in those cookies?? Add chocolate chips! Bread seem a little bland?? Add chocolate chips! I even have the bad habit of eating them straight out of the bag. I remember a few years ago Greg's parents took us on a shopping spree to Sam's Club. The one item that I HAD to have was this HUGE bag of chocolate chips...I think it was 5 lbs. That bag should have lasted a lot longer than it did. A few handfuls in baking, a handful to me...you can see where this is going, they disappeared pretty quickly. So, this week I made one of my go-to breads (with chocolate chips, of course!)
CHOCOLATE CHIP BANANA BREAD
INGREDIENTS:
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 ripe bananas, mashed
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
DIRECTIONS
1. Cream butter; gradually add sugar, add eggs one at a time beating after each one. Stir in bananas.
2. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl
3. Add flour mixture to cream mixture
4. Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts
5. Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes I love this recipe because whenever we have some bananas that turned too quickly, it's a great way to use them instead of throwing them away.
WORD OF WARNING!! If you can tell from the picture the sides are fairly brown, but the center is ooey-gooey. I love the ooey-gooey part, if you must know I eat raw cookie dough as well. Greg HATES this part. He's a "Cook Thoroughly, no gooey parts!" kind of guy. I guess we compliment each other in that area, he eats the edges, I eat the center. And then there was peace in the Jones' household!

Happy Baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment