Sunday, January 29, 2012

The Big Cookie Project: Week 40

I don't know how many recipes I've done so far with peanut butter and chocolate in it. I guess you could say I'm a big fan of the combination. There's something about peanut butter and chocolate, they go hand in hand, and they are oh so yummy in desserts. Betty Crocker came to the rescue this week. The name of the dessert caught my eye, and I was hooked from there.
PEANUT BUTTER SWIRL BROWNIES
INGREDIENTS:
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
2 tablespoons milk
2 eggs
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/3 cup peanut butter chips
1/3 cup baking cocoa
1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
DIRECTIONS:
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x9 pan. Mix sugars, butter, milk and eggs in medium bowl. Stir in flour, baking powder and salt.
2. Divide batter in half (about 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons for each half). Stir peanut butter and peanut butter chips into 1 half. Stir cocoa and chocolate chips into remaining half.



3. Spoon chocolate batter into 8 mounds, checkerboard style (like picture above). Spoon peanut butter batter between mounds of chocolate bater.

**I used an 8x8 pan, so I have less mounds than the directions said, but it worked.

4. Gently swirl through batters with knife for marbled design (like above).

5. Bake 30 to 35 minutes (I had to do longer since my pan was smaller and brownies were thicker). Cool completely for 1 hour.


They came out really tasty, but I made a huge mistake right at the beginning. I forgot to grease the pan!! In the picture above, you can see how badly they stuck to the bottom, that is why I don't have any good photos of a removed brownie from the pan. Also, HEB didn't have peanut butter chips (shame, shame HEB) so I just used 3 peanut butter cups and chopped them up in to little pieces...mmmm.

Good recipe, great taste!


Happy Baking!





No comments:

Post a Comment