Tuesday, January 24, 2012

The Misadventures of Ms. Mallory

Lately Mallory gives me a lot of laughs. Usually not at that exact moment, but later on when I'm retelling the story. When I told Greg my story his eyes were really big and disbelieving, and then we both started laughing, because it was pretty ridiculous. So, hope this makes you laugh:
You know those moments during naptime or playtime when your child is being incredibly quiet. So quiet, that only two things are possible:
1. They have fallen asleep
2. They are doing something horrible and being sneaky about it
Well, this was a #2 moment.
I laid Mallory down for naptime and didn't hear a peep from her. I raked some leaves, did some chores, etc. About two hours later I hear her calling me, "Mama, mama!" Naptime was over, so I opened her door and saw a disaster. I guess I'll start with Mallory herself. She's sitting on her bed, cute as can be, totally naked from the waist down. I asked her nicely, "Where's your diaper?" Her next words sent shivers down my spine...
"I pooped."
Where was the poopy diaper?!? I started looking around frantically. I found it, and some other incriminating evidence. I've put together the pieces and I think this is what happened...
1. She takes off her pants, puts them back IN the dresser,
2.Took off her poopy diaper, then took a clean diaper, used it as a wipe, cleaned her bottom with it, left it beside the poopy diaper. While in this process pulled out every single diaper from her holder. Had to check that only one diaper was used as a wipe
3. Squatted on the ground and went pee (talented I suppose), then took a clean t-shirt from her drawer to try and wipe it up.
4. Lay back down in bed and look innocent of all crimes.
I should be on some crime show with how I put clues together...haha.
I was a little mad at that moment, but considering how SO much worse it could have been, I guess I'm pretty lucky.


More misadventures of Ms. Mallory to come soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment