Friday, January 20, 2012

The Big Cookie Project: Week 39

Baked S'mores!!
First off, I am not a member of Pinterest, only for the fact that I could probably widdle away multiple hours a day looking at other people's ideas and creations and think, "I can do that!". But I will admit I go to the website and look at the most popular "pins". I scrolled down and saw this delicious dessert. It is reminiscent of campfires, dark nights and getting to sleep in tents. I had to make them, and PRONTO!
Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter (1stick)
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/3 cup flour
3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs (7 whole graham crackers)
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
2 super sized chocolate bars (5 oz. Hershey's bar)
1 1/2 cups marshmallow creme/fluff
DIRECTIONS:
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8x8 pan and set aside.
2. Mix butter and sugars. Beat in egg and vanilla. Add flour, baking powder and salt. Break up the graham crackers and place in mixer. They will become smaller the longer they mix.
3. Divide dough in half. Press half of the dough in the bottom of the pan. 4. Layer the Hershey bars...yum!


5. Take the marshmallow puff out of the jar, put in microwave-safe bowl and heat for 20-30 seconds. Spread on to the Hershey bars. DO NOT heat in the plastic jar. Safety first people!!




6. This step is tricky....Place the remaining dough in a gallon-size ziploc bag. Use a roller to flatten out the dough to a size that will fit in your 8x8 pan. Cut down both sides of the bag, and peel back. Then, flip the dough over so it is laying on the marshmallow fluff. Then, peel back the other side of the bag. It might get a little sticky, but be patient.


End product! I took it to a meeting at work. Thanks to my wonderful model, Molly.

Here's a side view of the layers. It was REALLY good. So good that it is all gone in one day. The only reason it makes me feel better that it is all gone is that I took it to work, and Greg liked it a lot too. He said it's the best I've made in a while. I'm glad I made it, it will hold me off until I can really go camping and do the real s'mores over a campfire.





1 comment: