Monday, January 9, 2012

Zigzag Blanket!

I was looking to break up the monotony (sp?) of just making hats over the Christmas holiday. I thought maybe some kind of blanket sounded great and cozy. And making it a baby blanket kept it manageable. I found a zigzag (or ripple) crochet pattern online.And of course, since we live in the Land of the Aggies, I made the blanket with white, gray and maroon yarn. There's something about making a blanket and watching it take shape. The first row that you do, it just a thin line of yarn and then every row after that, it takes on a little bit of shape. Especially with this zig zag pattern, I was very worried that it would not be very zigzagy and sort of just straight. But the pattern worked really well and it stayed like it was supposed to the whole time. The only hiccup that I encountered was that I ran out of maroon yarn with only 2 more rows to go. The blanket took a hiatus for a few days while I slowly got around to going to Joann's for more yarn.

The pictures don't do the maroon justice. It seems almost black in the pics, but is a maroon in real life...I can never figure out the right settings on cameras.


Here's the link to the crochet pattern: http://crochet.about.com . It gives you a whole list of ripple patterns to choose from.


Of course, this is for sale for a little future Aggie :)

2 comments:

  1. Patsy! I just found your blog.Did you know Granger STILL sleeps with his blanket that you gave us 3 years ago?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to hear that! Hope you guys are doing well. Enjoyed your Christmas card, when did our kids get so big?!?!

    ReplyDelete