Friday, February 3, 2012

DIY Friday!

DIY#1
I don't know about you, but I hav an official "junk drawer". Anything that we don't know where we should put it, it goes in the drawer: pens, chargers, markers, candles, etc. I couldn't deal with all of it just floating around. I had gotten little organizing bins to fit in drawers for my makeup, but those suckers are expensive! I think I spent over $30 just to organize one drawer, way too much for me. Then, I found a cracker box! It was the perfect shape to organize my things and best of all, it was free! I love those cheddar cheese crackers as well as the kids, they disappeared pretty quickly.

The box filled up with pens and other things. It's not the perfect solution, but it is way better than what it was.

DIY #2

So, I have this sweater cardigan. I've had it for years. It's seen me through two pregnancies, been stretched across my huge belly, it's been my "dressy" cardigan to church and has officially been downgraded to "just around the house". Greg thinks I should get rid of it, he would prefer to never see it again, but that's where I differ. I love the thing. But the unthinkable happened...the silly puppy made a hole in the elbow. EEEKKK! It was the perfect opportunity for Greg to have it gone. Still, I've dug in my heels and decided to sew on cute felt patches on the elbows.

I decided to do hearts on the elbows, it's almost Valentine's Day.

I pinned them on the elbow. This was sort of tricky. I actually just wore my sweater and pinned them on. I stuck myself a few times, but it got done!

Done! Did a cute stitch around the border and then did a little heart in the middle. My sweater still lives on!!! I do not know how long it will last, but it is being worn at this moment, and it's holding up pretty well.


Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment