Friday, September 23, 2011

Bring on the bows!

If you knew me while pregnant with Mallory I was very anti-girlie. I didn't want anything pink, and bows were banned in my house. Now things have made a 180 degree turn.

With the help of gifts and hand-me-downs, Mallory has gotten the chance to wear skirts, shorts, dresses, bows, leggings, etc. And I have to admit, the girl looks pretty darn cute in a dress and a bow stuck in her hair. I think she actually prefers it as well.

As much as I protested the "girlie" thing, Mallory ended up being a girly-girl. I guess that's what I get! Her idea of a good day is having a purse slung on her arm and a pair of cute shoes on her feet ( I do love that she loves shoes like me). Her hair is always, or tries to be, in cute pigtails and she loves her earrings.

Now, when I go shopping for clothes or shoes for her I am drawn, like a magnet to things pink and sparkly. I have never in my life liked that stuff for myself but for some reason it looks so nice on that girl.

For now, I love her in dresses and skirts but will probably hate it when she is a teenager wearing things that are way too short and not appropriate. But for right now I am absolutely enjoying having another girl around the house.

So, as my title says, "Bring on the bows!"

No comments:

Post a Comment