Sunday, September 4, 2011

The Big Cookie Project: Week 19



Gosh, I'm a slacker this week for waiting so long to post. I had these cookies made by Wednesday, but apparently I was in some chocolate hypnosis and forgot to type.

All I can say about these cookies this week is "Wow". That word is even in the title of the cookie, so you'd atleast expect the cookie to be pretty tasty, and they lived up to the name. As stated above, the cookies were made by Wednesday and we finished them off by Friday. I'm not proud of that accomplishment, but that does prove the cookies were yummy. Greg usually complains about cookies that have mulitple types of chocolate in them. This week there were 3 different types (my kind of cookie). Greg was not a fan of the recipe on paper, but after they were made, he agreed that they were delicious and he had no problem in helping us eat them. Here's the recipe:

CHOCOLATE WOWS

Ingredients:

1/3 cup all-purpose flour

1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa

1 teaspoon baking powder

1/4 teaspoon salt
6 squares (6 oz) semisweet chocolate

1/2 cup butter or margarine (1 stick)

2 large eggs

3/4 cup sugar

1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla

2 cups pecans (8 oz.)

1 package (6 oz.) semisweet chocolate chips (1 cup)

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. In small bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt

2. In a 2-quart sauce pan, melt chocolate and butter over low heat, stirring frequently, until smooth. Remove from heat and cool.

3. In mixer, beat eggs and sugar until light and lemon colored, about 2 minutes, frequently scraping bowl with rubber spatula. Add cooled chocolate mixture, flour mixture, and vanilla; beat just until blended. With spoon, stir in pecans and chocolate chips.

4. Drop batter by rounded teaspoons. Bake until tops are shiny and cracked, about 13 minutes. Cool 10 minutes on cookie sheet and then move to wire rack to cool completely.


The only change I made was only using 1 1/2 cups of pecans....only because pecans aren't the cheapest. I really didn't taste a difference. There was still plenty of pecans in the cookies for me.


The good thing about these cookies is that they are pretty decadent and you will probably be done after one cookie. I did also make these cookies a tad bigger than a teaspoonful. Only a teaspoon of dough looked pitiful, so I had to add a little bit more.


My models this week were Nolan and Mallory. If you look closely at the picture Mallory is chowing down on cheetos. She did eat the cookie on her tray, but cheetos ranked higher on her food list, so they had to be eaten first. If there ever was a doubt that she was my daughter I definitely now know, she has the same love for cheetos and chocolates that I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment