Saturday, September 24, 2011

The Big Cookie Project: Week 22

**Pic of Mallory is from a chocolate chip cookie, not the Cookie of the Week :)**

On a non-cookie related topic: we got a gym membership! Maybe because I have been cooking atleast one batch (or two) of cookies every week for the last 22 weeks. If I did the math on how many cookies/calories I have consumed I would think Dr. Oz or a Biggest Loser coach would have a heart attack. The sad part is that I'm not even halfway done yet. Well, that's not really sad, but I'll definitely be getting my money's worth out of this membership before this whole project is over. I think the people who are most enjoying this are Nolan, Mallory and Greg. They might have some kind of 'cookie withdrawal', but I won't have to worry about that for another 30 weeks. I love it that they give me the stamp of approval, it doesn't matter how ugly they look, as long as they taste okay they seem to disappear quickly.


Back to the cookie blog: I can't believe I have waited this long to make these delicious cookies. Maybe because macadamia nuts are almost $3 for 1/2 cup!! Eh, oh well, why not splurge this week?


Here's the recipe:
WHITE CHOCOLATE MACADAMIA NUT COOKIES

Ingredients:

1 cup butter, softened (I used crisco)

3/4 cup packed light brown sugar

1/2 cup white sugar

2 eggs

1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

1/2 teaspoon almond extract

2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

1 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts

1 cup white chocolate chips

Directions:

Cream together butter, brown sugar, white sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in vanilla and almond extract. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Gradually stir into the creamed mixture. Mix in the macadamia nuts and white chocolate. Drop dough on to cookie sheets. Bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees F.


The kids gave two thumbs up on these cookies. Greg and Nolan even shared a glass of milk and dunked the cookies in.

If you want free samples, give me a ring!

No comments:

Post a Comment