Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Take me out to the ballfield!!

We just finished Day #2 of baseball camp, and I don't think I can remember all the things that have happened! God is working in great ways here...
The first three days that we were here it was rainy and cold and I wasn't really looking forward to the chilly weather (especially since I only had shorts). But the clouds opened and the sun came out the first day of camp.
All 11 of our kids showed up, and I really DO enjoy every single one of them. They are improving tremendously every day. The one funny story that I'll share:
The way we are playing is a coach pitches during the games, but doesn't play so you still need a kid at the pitcher position. And since this was a learning experience, they also have to run to homeplate to tag any runners coming in. To get back to the story....a runner was hauling it to home plate and our kid (who was playing pitcher) kept yelling really loudly in German, "throw it home!! Throw it home!!" Well, they threw it home, but he was still standing on the pitcher's mound when he should have been on homeplate, so the ball just sailed in to the next field, I almost died laughing.
And Greg would be embarrassed for telling you this, but I've never heard him sing so much in his life. He MAYBE sings one song in a month at church, but every song here he is belting them out during service. LOVE IT. PS...a lot of their praise and worship songs are in English, yay for us!
The language barrier is a little tough, but we have a wonderful translator named Corrina, whom I adore.
Ok, I think that's it for right now. I still miss the kids terribly, but they are having so much fun they will probably never want to come home :)

No comments:

Post a Comment