Saturday, July 2, 2011

The Big Cookie Project: Week 11




This cookie is a favorite of mine. I didn't have a specific recipe and got lucky that the first one that I tried tasted just like I remembered it.
HERSHEY KISS COOKIES:
1 3/4 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup shortening
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 egg
2 tbsp. milk
1 tsp. vanilla
48 kisses (9 oz. bag)

Combine all ingredients except for kisses. Form dough in to 1 inch balls and roll in sugar to coat. Bake on ungreased cookie sheet at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Take out and immediately put on Hershey kiss.

These cookies were especially dangerous to make. Every other hershey kiss that I unwrapped ended up in my mouth...I don't know how it happened, I think chocolate just gravitates towards my mouth naturally. So, I ended up giving the job to Nolan thinking he would have more will-power than me, but I was wrong. Every other hershey kiss he unwrapped, I would hear,"Mom can I eat this one?" I would say yes and it would disappear in 3 seconds. Mallory even joined in on the fun of how many hershey kisses we could eat before we even used them in the cookies.

They finally got put on to the cookies, and they are so small and cute it seems like one would vanish from the tupperware everytime I entered the kitchen. Greg has had this problem too. A very delicious problem to have, but still a problem.
For some reason I always thought of this cookie as a Christmas holiday cookie, but now I've broken the pattern and have made them in the middle of summer.
Enjoy the cookies, because I know I am!

PS. It asks for 48 Hershey kisses, but probably only made 36, so it's okay if you eat a few while unwrapping them.

PPS. I don't know what happened to the blue underlined text, tried to fix it but with no success.

No comments:

Post a Comment