Friday, July 15, 2011

The Big Cookie Project: Week 13



Snickerdoodle...don't you love how that sounds? I love that you can call someone a "snickerdoodle". Personally, I'm not a fan of that specific nickname for myself, but I have definitely called Nolan a snickerdoodle. Why snickerdoodle? Because they are sweet, have a kick of cinammon and I LOVE them! I couldn't imagine calling Nolan any other kind of cookie either. "Hey chocolate chip cookie!" or "Hey oatmeal raisin!" really doesn't roll off my tongue. Even though these cookies are scrumptious as well they just don't fit the definition of Nolan like "snickerdoodle" does.




Here's the recipe:


Ingredients:

1 cup shortening
1 1/2 cups sugar

2 eggs

2 3/4 cups flour

2 tsp. cream of tartar

1 tsp. baking soda

1/4 tsp. salt

2 Tbsp. sugar

2 tsp. cinnamon


Directions:

1. Combine first three ingredients

2. In separate bowl, mix next four ingredients. Add dry ingredients to shortening mixture

3. Make in to small balls and roll in cinnamon/sugar mixture

4. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes

I made them last night for the midnight showing of Harry Potter #7 Part 2 and they were the perfect 2 A.M. snack for me, I probably had way too many for that early in the morning.

(By the way, Harry Potter was fantastic. Really enjoyed the last movie, sort of sad it is all over)

I can't believe 13 weeks has passed and I haven't fixed these cookies yet. These are one of Greg's favorites, and I always forget how much I enjoy them until I fix them and then inevitably eat them all. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment