Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Pinterest EXPLOSION!

Now that it's cold outside (finally!) I'm getting the urge to lock myself inside and be all crafty. I have been giving Pinterest a little peek and getting a few ideas, so I decided one of our walls needed a little updating. I already had quite a few black 8x10 frames, so all I bought was some canvas. Here is the product:



I painted all the states that we have been born in. I was born in Maryland, Greg was born in Missouri and the kids were born in Texas. If you look closely (please don't), my lettering is pretty horrible because I don't own an X-acto knife and was having a hard time cutting out letters to use as a template. Instead of cutting, I tried to free-hand it and it turned out okay. After looking at them for way too long, if I had it all to do again, I would probably leave out the state names and just put the outlines of the states. But the paints already dry, and I'm not doing it again!To keep it symmetrical, I needed one more frame to go horizontal. I decided to do the kid's handprints. It was hard doing their handprints perfect, so I went back and touched it up. Looks much better the second time around.


I made a big "J" out of buttons. I WAS going to sew them on, but then I laid out the buttons and saw there were a ton of them. I decided to bust out the super glue. It went much faster, but got a lot of glue on my fingers. It was a very "sticky" situation....hahahaha!Finished product with the artwork that I painted/glued.Then I decided to throw in some black frames. To keep the pattern correct I had to turn the picture of Nolan sideways. Don't fret, it won't stay that way. I'm thinking of putting some black and white photos of our trip to Germany on the left and right to elongate the picture area. Maybe another day....

No comments:

Post a Comment