Sunday, November 13, 2011

My Pumpkin Turkey

I don't know about you, but after Halloween I was pumkin-ed out. We carved pumpkins, painted pumpkins, ate pumpkin seeds, I even crocheted pumpkins as a table centerpiece. Now that we are officially past October 31st and quickly approaching Turkey Day, I needed a cute turkey project. The only problem was I had little pumpkins laying around, which are still perfectly good and I didn't want to trash them yet. So, I came up with the Pumpkin Turkey! (probably not an original idea, but still cute!) Here's my template that I drew for the feathers and the turkey's body. I drew five feathers, but you could definitely do more.

Here is the finished product. I asked Nolan what he was thankful for, I colored the feathers (next time I'll let him color) and then cut everything out. I was contemplating on how to get the feathers on to the pumpkin and went with bamboo skewers we had laying around the house. I divided one skewer in to three parts and started shoving them into the pumpkin. I only used 2 skewers, so I will have plenty left for actual food products.

Then, I just taped the feathers to skewers and there you have it, a Pumpking Turkey! The only downfall is that he is not super cut from the backside, but that's okay. Here are the five things Nolan was thankful for:

1. Toys...of course

2. my sister...the only real person he named, very touching and cute. Eventhough he asked to trade in Mallory for a new sister, because the one he has is too loud for him.

3. Race Car Plane and Man...a toy he got. A little airplane with action figure that goes SUPER FAST!

4. Dragons...because they definitely exist :)

5. Mouseketeer Movie...a movie we just finished watching, and he wanted to watch again immediately.


Enjoy and Happy Turkey Day in 10 days!






No comments:

Post a Comment