Friday, December 2, 2011

The Big Cookie Project: Week 32

I admit it. I am having chocolate chip withdrawl. It has been a few weeks where I have not made any cookie with any kind of chocolate in it, and it's killing me! I have left up the cookie choosing to Greg on Thursdays, because he does the grocery shopping that day and gets whatever I need for the recipe. He is not a fan of multiple chocolates in a cookie, but I LOVE it. My idea for this week was a "5 Chip Cookie". Doesn't that sound delicious?? 5 different kinds of chips! That ideas was shot down pretty quickly and Pecan Sandies were chosen this week. To compensate my chocolate chip craving, I ate a handful of M&Ms while making these cookies. I know, pathetic, but please don't judge my chocolate addiction :)

Pecan Sandies Recipe:

Ingredients:

1/3 cup butter, softened

1/3 cup shortening

1/2 cup sugar

1/2 cup brown sugar

1 egg

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1 1/2 cups self-rising flour

1/2 cup chopped pecans


Directions:

1. Cream the butter, shortening, sugar and brown sugar together in a mixture at medium speed. Add egg and then the dry ingredients.

2. Mix in by hand the pecans.

3. Drop by spoonful on to cookie sheet. Bake at 375 degrees F for 10-12 minutes

4. Let cool on rack


They turned out a little flatter than I expected, but still yummy. Greg likes them, but he is a fan with anything that has pecans in them. If you don't have self-rising flour just use regular flour and add 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Viola! You have your own self-rising flour.


Happy Baking!!


PS...Had to add this picture of Mallory who was "smiling" for me. Doesn't really look like smiling, more of an angry grimace where she is trying to show me every single tooth in her mouth. We'll have to work on it, but she's still pretty darn cute. Too funny!





No comments:

Post a Comment