Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Attitude is EVERYTHING!

I know this isn't a cookie recipe, but it will be coming in a few days.
I just wanted to take a moment and brag on two people that gave me the best customer service two days in a row!
Scenario #1: We were headed home from Houston and wanted to stop at the outlet mall, but we were tight on time and had only 30 minutes before the store closed. We ran in with both kids, Greg made a straight shot to the shoe that he wanted and ran in to our first customer service guy. Greg started rambling on what he wanted, and the guy said, "Stop, slow down and take a deep breath." I almost had to laugh at this comment because we did look a bit frazzled. He was really quick with Greg and asked me if I needed anything. No, but why not look? He gave me some shoes that fit my requirements "comfy and look good with jeans". When he brought them out I said,"Ok, you're going to be mad, but I think I need a 10 instead of a 9 1/2 (I know, I have huge feet)." Then, he held up a 10 that he had brought...he must have been psychic. His choice was right-on and his upbeat attitude was great even though they should have been closing up. We ended up buying both pairs. It made our day, and even talked on the way home how great it was to receive good service instead of complain about yet another waiter/bagger/checker/etc.
Scenario #2: Let's just start off by saying I LOVE SONIC HAPPY HOUR! Apparently, every one in Bryan does too, because it was packed. It was one of those days where my reward was a drink, and the kids even got one too (don't judge too harshly, it was only powerade). We pulled up, ordered and we got our drink from a guy on rollerskates, LOVE IT! I gave him the money and he was so nice I almost wanted to tip him more for no real reason other than him being cheerful. Then, he asked if I wanted mints, ummm, of course. Instead of just one, he gave me a whole handful. He must have seen it as a small gesture, but I thought, "How nice." I went home with a smile AND a delicious half-off drink. Made my day.
I know these guys will never read this blog, but just wanted to give a positive story in a world of sour moods. It's rare where you find good customer service, even though in the back of my mind I'm thinking, "Your job is to Serve the Customer. Why can't you be nice to me?" I know I have been guilty of this myself, but I am so glad these guys did their job with a smile and a good mood. It really gave ME a better attitude towards my kids at work and at home. I think I'll be doing this more for other people :)

1 comment: