Sunday, December 18, 2011

The Big Cookie Project: Week 34

I'm eating one of my cookies for this week as I type. To be totally honest, I think I've had close to five since they came out of the oven. They were too good, I couldn't help myself. They are reminiscent of my favorite kind of sandwich, a classic peanut butter and jelly. I think I ate pb&j sandwiches almost every day when I was pregnant with Nolan. Perfect combination in my opinion, whoever thought of this pairing is a genius in my book.
They are called Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies( a little obvious, I know)
Recipe:
Ingredients:
1 cup sugar, plus more for rolling dough balls
1 cup crisco
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 cup smooth peanut butter (I used 1/2 cup chunky pb, b/c I ran out of smooth)
2 eggs
1/4 cup milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
Jam, Jelly or Preserves of your choice

Directions:
1. Cream sugar, crisco and brown sugar in a blender. Add peanut butter, milk, eggs and dry ingredients until smooth
2. Roll in to balls, roll ball in to sugar
3. Bake at 375 degrees F for 7 minutes, take out of oven. Use a teaspoon to make an indention on top of cookie, then take 1/2 teaspoon of preserves and place in indention. Bake for another 2 minutes in the oven.
4. Cool completely on wire rack.


I felt like this recipe made quite a few cookies. That's okay, because I'm packaging them up tomorrow for gifts for my 2's class at school. I think they'll like them. Let's hope no one is allergic to peanut butter....or strawberries....haha:)

No comments:

Post a Comment