Friday, May 27, 2011

The Big Cookie Project: Week 6



I decided something peanut butter-y was on the agenda for this week's cookie. Greg hates cookies that have 3 different kinds of chocolate in them. For example, my cocoa powder cookies, with two different types of chocolate chips. He even jokes that I would shove a Hershey kiss on top to make it even have more chocolate goodness. The sad thing is, he is right...his idea sounded delicious!

I bought a bag of mini reeses pieces for the cookies, and opened them the night before to "taste test" the bag just to make sure they were okay. They were perfect. I taste-tested a lot that night.

The following recipe is a great base for anything that you would like to put in there. You don't have to put in reeses pieces. You could do any kind of chip, or nut. I usually put brickle pieces in there because the original recipe is called "Oatmeal Brickle Cookies", but don't let that stop you from experimenting.

Ingredients:

1 cup Crisco

1 cup brown sugar

1 cup sugar

2 eggs

1 tsp. vanilla

1 1/2 cups sifted flour

1 tsp. salt

1 tsp. baking soda

3 cups of minute oats

1/2 cup of brickle or nuts (I usually put more)

Directions:
Cream the first three ingredients

Mix in the rest of the dry ingredients

By hand, mix in oatmeal and brickle

Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes


Hope these turn out good for you ast they do for me. They are my go-to cookie for whenever I have to whip something up real fast. It also makes quite a big batch.

***My model this week was Nolan who had to take a "dainty" bite first to make sure it was ok. Apparently it was, because it disappeared 5 seconds after taking this picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment