Saturday, August 20, 2011

The Big Cookie Project: Week 17



I might have hit a new low with the baked goods. I needed a babysitter for a few hours while I went to an open house at work, and Greg was still at work. With no money in hand, I texted Rebekah (we went to Germany together) and asked her to babysit for cookies. Did I just barter cookies for babysitting?? I felt very "Little House on the Prairie" for using my resources, but at the same time guilty, because I just paid a very nice person with a batch of cookies. It might have been a good deal, I guess it depends on if she liked the cookies or not. Rebekah could have gotten home, tasted one, and then said with disgust," I bartered my time for these awful cookies?" and them thrown them all in the trash. I might be over-dramatizing this just a tad. If she DID like them, I might be bartering some more in the future. "Will you mow my lawn for some snickerdoodles?" or "How about washing my car for some chocolate chip cookies?"



I guess I shouldn't be too surprised by my willingness to exchange goods for food. I usually try to barter good behavior for the promise of a cookie or Hershey kiss, but I think that is called bribing...I much prefer to call it "bartering" sounds much less pathetic. "I will barter a kiss from Nolan for a cookie" sounds so much better than bribing, doesn't it?


Well, back to the cookie recipe.

Ingredients:

1 cup crisco
1 cup sugar

1 cup brown sugar

2 eggs

1 tsp. salt

1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. vanilla

1 1/2 cups flour

3 cups instant oats
1/2 cup brickle bits

Directions:

1. Cream first three ingredients

2. Mix rest of ingredients. By hand stir in oats and brickle bits

3. Drop by spoonful on to cookie sheet

4. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes


I guess I'll find out if they were good next time I call Rebekah and ask to do a little "trading" again. JUST KIDDING!! I will pay cash next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment