Friday, June 15, 2012

29 Things

In celebration of my 29th Birthday (I know I look way younger), I'd like to list 29 things that make me smile, make my heart lighter and make me laugh out loud. 
1.  Rain on a sunny day where it sizzles on the street and creates steam.  A much needed reprieve from the Texas heat.
2.  My kids...the funny moments definitely out-way the tough ones, or atleast I choose to remember the funny ones.  :)
3.  Hugs from a 2 year old.  Especially when I say,"squeeze tighter!" and her little arms try so hard to squeeze me.
4.  Kisses from a 5 year old.  I feel the "oh, mom!" and eye rolls coming on.  So, as many kisses as I can get from Nolan while he allows it, the better.
5.  Blue Bell Ice Cream:  need I say more??
6.  Seeing my vegetables ACTUALLY grow in the vegetable garden.  I don't have a green thumb, more light green or teal.
7.  Little kid's birthday parties.  I've never seen kids get so excited over every little thing.  Their amazement always brightens my day.
8.  Seeing completed crochet/sewing projects.  Watching it come together and make something out of basic materials is still pretty cool to me.
9.  Swimming, preferably Barton Springs
10.  Germany
11.  Haribo
12.  Nutella w/ bananas, or nutella right out of the jar.  Doesn't matter, still delicious.
13.  Nolan and Mallory playing tea party...LOVE this one
14.  Reading a good book
15.  A large fountain drink on a hot day.  I wouldn' call myself addicted, but I am much nicer if I have one in my hand.
16.  Having food in my fridge/a car to drive/a job to go to/a church to worship at/etc....
17.  AC!!!  Eventhough it never goes below 78 degrees, I would not make it through summer without it.
18.  A good baseball game
19.  Mallory walking around in her high heels clickity-clacking through the house
20.  Working out at the gym.  I force myself to go, but at the end I always feel as though it is worth it.
21.  Climbing in to bed with clean sheets, clean blanket and clean pillowcases before the dog has left hair on them/ Greg has wrinkled them/ Kids have drooled on them.  Best feeling ever.
22.  When me and Nolan play the "I love you more than..." game.  My favorite is "I love you more than Power Rangers" which is pretty big in a 5 year old's world.  I tell him "I love you more than tater tots" :)
23.  Being able to stay connected to friends via the internet
24.  Baking for others.
25.  Playing board games with the kids.  Sometimes completely frustrating, but they love it.
26.  Getting letters in the mail, it always seems so very thoughtful
27.  Going on a water slide.  We did this at Nolan's birthday.  I haven't laughed that hard in a long time.
28.  A nice cold glass of water or sweet tea
29.  Being blessed with another year!


No comments:

Post a Comment